About Me

My photo
Everett, WA, United States
I love trying new recipes and baking for my friends and family.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Baking Love


I am in the middle of uploading photos from some of the recipes I've been working on lately and I was thinking about baking and why I love it so much...

I love combining ingredients together and knowing that something good will come out of it.

I love smell and texture as butter and sugar blend together when I start the batter for a cake or cookies.

I love the way egg whites are magical and can make meringue, an omelette, a shiny wash to top bread...

I love the smell of anything homemade and wonderful in the oven. It makes the whole house smell good and feel cozy.

I love finishing a cake or cupcakes and standing back to admire it. Even if it doesn't turn out perfectly, it is always such a great sense of accomplishment.

Most of all, though, I love the way baking makes people feel. As a little girl, I can remember the wonderful, special feeling of blowing out birthday candles on a cake made just for me. I love sour cream cookies made with Matt's great-grandma Hazel's special recipe. There is love in those cookies and you can taste it!

A little while ago, my mom sent me this picture of her and her sisters on her 3rd birthday. I think it is one of the cutest pictures I have ever seen. Look at that beautiful chocolate cake and the look of absolute delight on my mom's face as her sisters sing to her. It is such a beautiful moment. I'm not sure if it was my Grandma or one of my aunts who made the cake, but I am sure that love went into it. That is what baking is all about for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment